Sepm not updating clients

Proxy to use system settings, LU scheduling every 4hr w/ 2hr retry.Idle delay on, optional skipping LU older then 2days/8hr.Allow manual LU, allow user modify proxy settings for LU Any help would be appreciated.

sepm not updating clients-16

They call all ping the SEPM server but for some reason, some workstations are not getting the latest virus def. On the smc-server-0.log, I noticed a bunch of errors: SEVERE: Error while extracting full content under c:\program files\symantec\symantec endpoint protection manager\tomcat\..\inetpub\content\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\xxxxxxxx\Full What else can I check to see what's causing the communication problems?

Managed Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) clients do not update virus definitions.

These clients are configured to receive their updates from their Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM).

Got SEPM 12.1 running on a VM XPSP3(what I had a spare license of), all my clients are communicating back status info but they do not appear to be grabbing the latest definitions.

SEPM has 8/18 defs atm but all clients are still using their install date defs except for one which I manually ran live update on.

Checking the client status logs (on the machine) specifically Client Management - System log.

I see entries that state "SEPM is available to provide updates, so scheduled Live Update was skipped.

Not sure if I have a misconfiguration on the SEPM or am missing some firewall exceptions using Windows firewall not the SEP firewall [have hardware firewall at gateway].

I am using the install default policy for liveupdate routines.

Searching the help file for "port" yielded no results and web searches largely result in configuring the SEP firewall.

Default settings for the Live Update: Fetch from management server / liveupdate server.

Tags: , ,